Monday 20 April 2020

NIGHT RIDERS


This episode is in continuation of Episode 13 - Musical Masti 

Manoj fiddled with his phone; anyone could make out that he was a bag of nerves at this point in time. And to think that only a little over an hour ago, he could possibly have had the night of his life!

He dialed Kavita's number for the umpteenth time; but she rejected his call yet again.

"Pick up dammit!" He dialed her again. She rejected the call once more.

He then sent her a DM. "I'm at the hospital. Please call me ASAP."

Thankfully, his phone rang in less than a minute.

"You're at the hospital?" Kavita sounded frantic.

"Yes, sweets."

"I was so upset...I actually thought you'd stood me up", she complained, "I waited for almost an hour! What's the time now? Three?"

"Not my fault sweets."

"What's wrong?" she finally remembered she had to be more considerate, "Are you okay? What are you doing at the hospital?"

"I'm waiting to be tested", he buried his eyes in his hand.

"Tested? For what?"

"For the coronavirus..."

"What the fuck Manoj? You could've landed me in trouble too..."

"Lemme finish Kavi! I think someone set me up!"

"Someone set you up? What do you mean?"

"Well...I was in my car...and there was no one to stop me throughout the 6 km journey. But as soon as I entered your lane, there was a car waiting."

"A car?"

"Yeah...just a few metres outside your gate. It was on its way out of the lane."

"And?"

"Well, when the guy driving the car saw my car approaching, he honked a couple of times. As soon as I stopped my car next to his, he rolled down the window and asked me the way to the nearest police station. After I gave him directions, he thanked me. But just before he rolled the window all the way back up, he blew some weird kinda powder into my face and sped away."

"Oh my God. What powder was it?" Kavita was genuinely worried now.

"I have no freaking clue. But it left me sneezing for a good 10 minutes. I thought I was gonna die sneezing!"

"Oh God, then what happened?"

"Then a police patrol van appeared out of nowhere and the cops asked me what I was doing outside during the lockdown. My constant sneezing got them suspicious, and here I am now at the hospital, waiting to get tested."

"Are they gonna quarantine you?"

"My gut feeling says they will! I should've worn a mask...that would have saved me all the..."

Kavita hung up without waiting for him to finish.

A few miles away, Anshuman kept his grandmother's snuff bottle back in the cabinet drawer and finally jumped into bed for a good night's sleep.


Idiosyncrasies of a Covidiot

All episodes so far 

Episode 01 - Aaho-Choo Story

Episode 02 Bus-Ted 

Episode 03 Bohemian Clapsody 

Episode 04 - Departmental Chor 

Episode 05 - Exceptionally Coarse 

Episode 06 - Fruits & Nuts 

Episode 07 - Gross Spread

Episode 08 - Helping Hands

Episode 09 - I Want to Break Free

Episode 10 - Jamboree

Episode 11 - Keep Safe Distance

Episode 12 - Let There Be Light

Episode 13 - Musical Masti

Episode 14 - Night Riders

Episode 15 - Order Order

7 comments:

  1. Don't get mad. Get even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uff!! Even the terrorists are hibernating these days, but we have to protect ourselves from these idiots on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha Anshuman you did it again! Seriously though..great way to get people aware about the importance of mask in this covid era

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anshuman! I wonder if he has hacked Kavita's social accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My God this Anshuman is getting to be more villainous day by day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, That was crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Type out your comment in the box above and click 'Publish'. You can use your Gmail credentials, alternatively, you could also post comments by keying in your name and the url of your website