Wednesday 15 April 2020

KEEP SAFE DISTANCE


"I'm glad you finally came", Anshuman threw his arms out, but quickly retracted.

"You could've come too", she complained, "Why did it have to be me?"

"The security guys in your colony are too strict to let outsiders in."

"As they should be...they're doing their job."

"On the other hand, it's easy for me to get you to sneak in here...I have special privileges", he beamed with pride.

"Actually, there was nobody at the gate to stop me", she giggled like a teenager.

"Don't lie Kavita."

"I'm not lying", she tilted her head and purred, "I never lie na Babbu!"

"Come here you little Persian cat."

"Uh-Uh-Uh", she raised her index finger and swung it to signal her disapproval, "Keep safe distance. Corona, Corona....Karo Naa!" To a random stranger, Kavita's crooning would've sounded slightly out-of-tune...a tad annoying even. But Anshuman found it seductive.

"I wanna play a game!"

"Have you been watching the Saw series again? I find your taste for gore disgusting!"

"Not that kinda game you silly girl", Anshuman rolled his eyes and threw out his arms again.

"Uh-Uh-Uh", she raised her index finger again, "Keep safe distance. Corona, Corona....Karo Naa!"

Anshuman slapped his forehead. "Let's play truth or dare."

"Oh nice! Do you have a bottle?"

"To spin? It's just the two of us silly!"

"Oh yeah" she giggled again, "So we take turns?"

"Yup...ladies first."

"Okay...Truth or Dare?"

Anshuman rolled his eyes again, "Truth."

"Mmm...do you have a crush on your boss?"

"No!"

"Liar! I always find her Insta page open on your phone."

"Well...I'll just say I find her very attractive", he gulped, "And she sure knows how to pose. But that's all!"

"Remember last month when I caught you with one hand holding the phone and the other in your pants? You were looking at her Insta page even then."

"It was just a sudden urge na baby...I said sorry...I've never visited her Insta since. You can check my phone if you want to."

"Sure...gimme your phone."

"OK, it's your turn now", Anshuman diverted her mind with good old 'sense of urgency', "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth."

"Mmm...does Manoj still DM you?"

"Manoj? How did you know about Manoj? Did I tell you about Manoj or Pratik?"

"Pratik DMs you??"

"Oh yeah, almost thrice a day...since three months."

"Why, that scoundrel. I'll break his teeth. Do you reply?"

"Of course."

"Why?"

"Relax! I don't give him any wrong ideas. I speak matter-of-factly. Just last night we were discussing Covid dos and donts. It was so insightful...the discussion went on till 3 am."

"3 am??? That's not acceptable! You should..."

"Wait! You don't trust me?"

"I do baby!"

"Let's proceed then. Let's reverse the order now."

"Okay" Anshuman was still licking his wounds, "Truth or Dare?"

"Dare", she said with her nose high in the air.

"Okay...kiss me!"

In the security bay, Security Guard Gopinath heard a spine-chilling scream from the Secretary's apartment on the first floor. Before he could pull himself up from his seat, he saw Secretary Sahab's girlfriend run out of the building and disappear into the distance.

"Strange", Gopinath mumbled to himself, "I guess that means I don't have to go to get Sahab's condom today."


Idiosyncrasies of a Covidiot

All episodes so far 

Episode 01 - Aaho-Choo Story

Episode 02 Bus-Ted 

Episode 03 Bohemian Clapsody 

Episode 04 - Departmental Chor 

Episode 05 - Exceptionally Coarse 

Episode 06 - Fruits & Nuts 

Episode 07 - Gross Spread

Episode 08 - Helping Hands

Episode 09 - I Want to Break Free

Episode 10 - Jamboree

Episode 11 - Keep Safe Distance

Episode 12 - Let There Be Light

Episode 13 - Musical Masti

Episode 14 - Night Riders

4 comments:

  1. lol.. serves him right. This guy even has a girlfriend, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so curious! Going to have to go back and start at the beginning. :)

    https://lynnforest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Serves him right. I wonder how he managed to get a girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really get the ending. The story is well-crafted though, I must say, particularly the table-turning bit of the "truths".

    Maybe I need to read the other stories too to get a better idea.

    ReplyDelete

Type out your comment in the box above and click 'Publish'. You can use your Gmail credentials, alternatively, you could also post comments by keying in your name and the url of your website