Tuesday 25 April 2017

Q - QUEEN


She Lays Siege
To My Lonesome Heart At Will
Overrunning Dreams
An Invader of Unfathomable Skill


She Runs Amok
O'er Vast Expanses Of My Mind
And By Design
Leaves A Million Footprints Behind


With Angelic Glow
She Lights Up The Lifeless Dark
Dazed And Stupefied
I Crave For Her Brilliant Spark


Laying My Armour Down
I Meekly Drink From Her Chalice
And Undisputed, Crown Her
Queen Of My Desolate Palace


Please feel free to leave comments, whether or not you liked what you read. It's a great way to start a conversation or a dialogue. I might be pretty boring in real life, but I promise I'm a lot more fun in this avatar.

For today's images, I am extremely grateful to the pretty and immensely talented Zeemee. Zeemee is 23 years old and lives in the Peshawar district of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. She is a student of Defense and Diplomatic Studies. She considers photography as her passion (she takes up photography assignments). She also loves to travel. In her words, she loves her beauty sleep and would have loved to laze around doing nothing when she wasn't clicking stuff. Her Instagram URL is www.instagram.com/_zeemee

Previous posts in the A to Z Challenge - April 2017:-

A - All Apologies (Poem)
B - Baptism (Poem)
C - Chains (Short Story)
D - Door To My House (Short Story / Sentimental / Philosophy / Wisdom)
E - Evil Eye Deliverance (Short Story)
F - Flight of the Lonely Raven (Poem)
G - Girl With The Rings (Weird Story)
H - Hills Beckon (Poem)
I - Idyllic Sky (Short Story)
J - Judging Yasmin (Short Story)
K - Kiss of Death (Poem)
L - Lady of a Perpetual Sucker (Poem)
M - Mosaic You (Poem)
N - Nevermind (Weird Story / Short Story)
O - Office-ial Stance (Short Story)
P - Pretender (Poem)

12 comments:

  1. Just the kind poetry that feels like chocolate for the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Purba ma'am. That comment made my day :)

      Delete
  2. I love the imagery of her running amok over vast expanses of your mind and leaving a million footprints...it is so vivid and strikingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Coming from a poet like, that means a lot. Thank you so much :) Do visit again.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for the beautiful poem, Chris! Every time I read it I am overwhelmed with joy! No one has ever written something as beautiful as this for me! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Azeema. And thanks for trusting me with your images. It means a lot :)

      Looking forward to working with you again :)

      Delete

Type out your comment in the box above and click 'Publish'. You can use your Gmail credentials, alternatively, you could also post comments by keying in your name and the url of your website