"Long time, no post", do I hear ya saying that? Ok, wishful thinking perhaps :P. Was down with exam fever and exams since the past week-and-a-half (felt like a lifetime, trust me), and now I'm free to blog. There is a saying in Blogosphere that "Tags are bloggers best friends", coz they give you excuses to post something in case you've lost your creative juices. Have a lot of tags still due, can't do the old ones coz I can't remember who tagged me with what. So I'm doing the recent ones. Appy, and Asha had a stroke of telepathy-feminisia :P and simultaneously decided to Tag me on the same topic. I remember someone else had tagged me on this almost a year back, but I can't remember who it was, so a brief mention of Mr/Ms. Forgotten as well. Im supposed to tell y'all 25 things about myself. So here goes.
25 things you didn't know/didn't wanna know/I didn't want you to know about me:
1. I absolutely cannot talk to strangers. I usually feel comfortable talking to people only if I've met them atleast twice. Makes me come across as arrogant or snobbish, but its just that I don't find my comfort zone too soon. Takes a lot of time to feel comfortable with people, whether male or female. But yeah, I'm probably a different person online. Probably coz I don't really need to feel uncomfy when its not face-to-face.
2. My best friends are people who I started speaking to only 1 year after knowing that they existed :P
3. Once you get to know me, I can talk a LOT!! And a lot of shit. No dirty stuff though :P
4. I'm a teetotaller. And I get laughed at for that. Which makes me hate them even more.
5. I have a lot of nicknames/petnames. My mom has a petname for me (I'm not gonna mention that one), friends at school and college called me Crato, Christo, Cristy, Chris, and what not. And here at XIMR (the MBA Institute) they call me Christoph, Toe-fur, Toff, Toef, and more. But hey, I think I like em petnames. Coz I hate the name Christopher [:P]
6. I used to be veryyyy quiet when I was a kid. So much so that teachers used to force me to talk, while whacking the others for talking :P I still am quiet and reserved, but its a far cry from the days when I had no friends at all, just sympathisers.
7. My parents dunno I have a funny and popular side outside of home. They, and all relatives still think I'm shy all the time.
8. I'm veryyy Image-Conscious. Probably this is the reason for point 7. I knew I had an image of a quiet guy since childhood, and so, when I did open out during college, I tried my best to stay quiet at home, coz I didn't wanna disturb my image in front of my folks. Not that they'd be upset or anything, I'm sure they'd be really happy. But I don't like springing surprises and fieldng questions like "Bhai, Tum To chupey rustom nikle".
9. I'm very possessive and protective of people I love and care about. But I dunno how to express love and caring, in action atleast [:P]
10.I can never be diplomatic. If I don't like someone, I cannot pretend to be cordial.
11.If I forgive someone, I forgive and forget.
12.I'm the only one at home who doesn't wear glasses. And I don't like it.
13.Murphy's law was probably inspired by me. Always applies to me. Especially when ever I'm doing something routine, and my pop appears on the scene. Which makes me wonder sometimes - is it really Murphy's law, or is it some bad omen? [:P]
14.I HATE parties. Coz I feel bored at parties. Coz there's nothing I can do at parties. Can't dance, can't play an instrument, can't sing in public, don't booze. I'd rather stay home or go on a walk alone.
15.I have real BIGGG feet. Which is why I NEVER get to choose my shoes, I have to take whatever's available. Also, it causes a lot of problems in buses and trains, whether crowded or not. Not even place to squeeze in my feet. Sigh
16.I love munching. Just to keep my jaws busy, or to beat boredom, or when I'm stressed, or just like that. Almost 24 hours a day [:P]
17.I drink a LOT of water. As soon as I'm back indoors after a walk outside, I HAVE TO drink atleast 1.5 litres of water at one go.
18.I sweat a lot. Probably the reason why I drink a lot of water.
19.I am quite accident-prone. Tumbled down a shop's staircase when I was 4 and got a gash on my brow, whose scar is still visible. Had a slit on the bridge between my nose and upper-lip when I was 2, and still have a very visible scar. Had a toenail removed since it peeled off while playing football. Had an injury to my left eye's retina in January when a ball hit me with full force, still haven't recovered fully. Get the picture? :P
20.I use my left hand better for some activities, and the right hand well for some others. So I'm
basically forced to use both hands. This is NOT COUNTING the daily morning routine :d
21.There was a time I ABSOLUTELY HATED Music. Today I'm a great music lover. And I listen to all kinds of music. Ghazals, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Filmi, Hindustani Classical, Carnatic, Sufi, Fusion, I love em all. But I hate hip-hop and Trance.
22.I've crossed the century Landmark!! In the weight department [:P]
23.I started writing poems only last year. The reason is irrelevant today :P
24.I started blogging only to kill depression.
25.I Love Comments :P. Please leave your comments :P