Saturday 30 April 2016

XTRA LARGE


You know what they say about guys who have big feet?

That they always have a hard time finding shoes their size, especially if they're Indians.

As if it wasn't bad enough to have broad as tree-trunk shoulders and a wide as the Titanic hips, nature had to play spoilsport with me even in the foot department. I need size 13 shoes (in some cases size 12 fits just right if it's a little broader towards the anterior end), and I can not explain to you how upset I get every time my shoes wear out and I need to buy a new pair. For me, shopping for shoes is like finding potential brides who perfectly match your 'fair, well-mannered, homely, gentle, intelligent' specifications - they're pretty hard to come by.

I and a few friends of mine - most of us are in our early 30s - have begun playing football religiously every week. So imagine my anxiety when I went looking for football shoes. Apparently, the Indian football boot manufacturers like Vector-X and Nivia do not make shoes beyond size 12. I've already exhausted online retailing options like Flipkart, Ebay, Amazon, Snapdeal, etc. as well. The only brands which produce bigger sizes are the internaional ones like Nike, Puma, Umbro and others, but those shoes cost upwards of ten thousand bucks!

I guess I'm gonna have to continue playing with my Campus Mile running shoes.

We've booked a 9-10 pm slot for tonight at a 5-a-side turf close to my house.

Hasta La Vista...


Previous posts in the A to Z Challenge - April 2016:-
S - Signals
T - Toddlers
U - Underdog
V - Valhalla
W - We

No comments:

Post a Comment

Type out your comment in the box above and click 'Publish'. You can use your Gmail credentials, alternatively, you could also post comments by keying in your name and the url of your website